THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: April 21-27
Whether you've been living under a rock for the past week, or you're just in the mood for a recap of everything theatre, BroadwayWorld's feature, 'This Week in Pictures' is here to satisfy your end of the week fix. Take a look below to catch up on the latest happenings from the Great White Way to the West End (and everywhere in between) with coverage of press events, rehearsals, opening nights and more!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: Easter Bonnet earns big money, FOLLIES preps for LA, six shows open, and so much more!
For last week's biggest events: visit THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: April 14-20.
A Streetcar Named Desire, starring Blair Underwood as Stanley, Nicole Ari Parker as Blanche, Daphne Rubin-Vega as Stella and Wood Harris as Mitch opened on April 22, on Broadway for a limited run through July 22, 2012. For full coverage from opening night, click here!
The company of Broadway's first-ever revival of Stephen Schwartz's rock musical GODSPELL last week welcomed a new leading man- stage and screen star Corbin Bleu (Disney's "High School Musical," Broadway's In the Heights)- to the starring role of Jesus. Click here to check out more photos of Bleu in action!
The 26th Annual Easter Bonnet Competition raised $3,677,855, the result of six weeks of intensive fundraising for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS by 51 Broadway, Off-Broadway and national touring companies. The grand total was announced Tuesday at this year's Easter Bonnet Competition, which ended in two shows featuring original presentations, songs, dances and 18 elaborate, custom-made bonnets. For more photos from the celebration click here!
The Cast of THE LYONS. Photo Credit: Kevin Thomas Garcia
THE LYONS, which debuted last fall at the Tony and Pulitzer Prize-winning Vineyard Theatre, officially opened April 23, at the Cort Theatre. Previews began on April 5. THE LYONS comes to Broadway with its entire original cast: Linda Lavin and Dick Latessa along withMichael Esper, Kate Jennings Grant, Brenda Pressley and Gregory Wooddell. Mark Brokaw directs. Check out more photos from the big opening here.
- BWW's On This Day - March 14, 2014
- Hottest Articles on BWW from Thursday, Mar. 13
- 'Find Your Space' at the Ford in Los Angeles
- Daniel Madigan's UNCOUTH SUBSTITUTE Wins Hartford Stage's 2014 Young Playwrights Contest
- Black Ensemble Theatre to Present BPI Black Playwright's Festival, 4/8-13
- Musical Theatre West to Present West Coast Premiere of S'WONDERFUL, 4/4-20
- COMMUNIQUE N°10 to Open 4/25 at the Cutting Ball Theater
- Barbara Cook, Marilyn Horne, Hal Prince and More Set for NYFOS Gala, Celebrating Leonard Bernstein, 4/28
- Hudson Village Theatre Announces 2014 Summer Season
- Mat Smart Wins 2014 William Inge Theatre Festival's New Voices in the American Theatre Award