Susan Blackwell & Co. to Host New Years Creativity Workshop, 1/4
On January 4, 2014, Susan Blackwell & Co will host a dynamic New Years Creativity Workshop in New York City lead by Broadway's Susan Blackwell. As a performer, writer, educator and business consultant, Blackwell works tirelessly to encourage creative self-expression for all ages and professions.
The "New Years Creativity Workshop" is appropriate for individuals 15 or older, and will include two of Blackwell's most popular educational offerings.
· Part One is the 'Die Vampire, Die!' Workshop-inspired by the popular anthem 'Die, Vampire, Die' from the hit Broadway musical [title of show]. The song, co-written by Blackwell, defines a Vampire as "any person, thought or feeling that stands between you and your creative self-expression". The workshop is designed to assist participants in overcoming these perceived obstacles and identifying and nurturing creative ideas through the writing process and into performance.
· Part Two is the 'Now. Hear. This.' Workshop. In this fun, focused session, Blackwell teaches methods which vastly improve listening and communication skills. Whether you're an actor working to improve, an auditioner wishing to land the role, an artist desiring to strengthen a collaboration, a director aiming to lead more effectively, a writer trying to absorb other's voices, an interviewer aspiring to connect more deeply with your subjects, or someone wishing to live their best life...this workshop is for you.
According to Blackwell, who designed each of the workshops, "Every person has a well of creativity within them, whether they are actors, accountants or aerospace engineers. My hope is to help others connect with their inspired ideas and self expression, no matter what their path is."
Themes of the workshops include:
· Establishing a safe creative space
· Contributing to a collaborative process
· Identifying and taking creative risks
· Tapping into creative freedom
· Developing clear self-expression and listening
In addition to writers and performers, ideal participants will be creative challenge-seekers looking for a fun, safe environment to try something new, and individuals seeking satisfaction through self-expression and confidence in communication.
Past workshop participants have called Blackwell "a generous genius" who "quietly creates a safe and accepting environment for participants to challenge their obstacles and tap into their authentic selves". Workshop participant Nick, 24, said, "I walked into the workshop one person and came out another", and Dee, 24, said "the workshop pulls all of our crazy dreams into reach and makes them accessible, one word at a time." After the workshop, Ken, 54, said "I'm still on cloud 9!"
What: A New Years Creativity Workshop hosted by Susan Blackwell & Co.
Where: Shetler Studios - 244 W 54th Street NY NY 10019
When: Saturday, January 4, 2013, from 10am - 6pm
Cost: $160 - lunch included
To reserve your spot: visit www.susanblackwell.eventbrite.com or bit.ly/198xORm.