Songs Revealed for GLEE Rocky Horror Episode
Meat Loaf and Barry Bostwick will appear on GLEE's October 26 Rocky Horror tribute episode. The pair will play station managers who have an "interesting proposal" for Jane Lynch's Sue Sylvester. This news comes on the heels of the announcement that Susan Sarandon had an interest in appearing on the episode. Fox has yet to confirm any casting for the Rocky Horror tribute show.
They have however now revealed the songs that'll appear on the episode:
1. Science Fiction Double Feature
2. Damn It, Janet
3. Whatever Happened To Saturday Night?
4. Sweet Transvestite
5. Touch-A Touch-A Touch-A Touch Me
6. There's A Light (Over At The Frankenstein Place)
7. Time Warp
The Rocky Horror Show began as a British stage musical, opening in London on 19 June 1973. It was written by Richard O'Brien, and developed by O'Brien in collaboration with Australian theater director Jim Sharman. The play was adapted as the 1975 film "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," in which Bostwick played Brad Majors and Meat Loaf Eddie, Ex Delivery Boy.
The Rocky Horror Show originally played on Broadway in 1975 and had a longer revival on Broadway from October 2000 to January 2002 at the Circle in the Square Theatre and featuredTom Hewitt (later Terrance Mann) as Frank N. Furter, Alice Ripley as Janet, Raúl Esparza (laterSebastian Bach) as Riff Raff, Joan Jett as Columbia/Usherette (later Ana Gasteyer), Lea DeLaria(later Jason Wooten) as Eddie/Dr. Scott, and Daphne Rubin-Vega as Magenta. The Revival was nominated for the following Tony Awards: Best Actor: Tom Hewitt; Best Costume Designer: David C. Woolard; Best Director: Christopher Ashley; and Best Musical Revival.
Entering its second season, GLEE is a biting musical comedy that has quickly become a pop-culture phenomenon. The highest-rated new scripted series of the season boasts critical acclaim, a loyal fan base of "GLEEks," two certified Gold albums, more than 10 million song downloads and an incredible 19 Emmy nominations - earning it the distinction of being the most-nominated series of the year. To top it off, the genre-defying, award-winning series has been picked up through its third season. Season 2 begins September 21 on FOX.
GLEE follows a group of eager and ambitious students as they strive to outshine their singing competition to win Nationals while navigating the cruel halls of McKinley High. Although New Directions lost at Regionals, they now have their sights set on making it to Nationals and defeating their arch rivals, Vocal Adrenaline.
The glee club's fearless leader is WILL SCHUESTER (Matthew Morrison), a talented young teacher with hip-hop skills and a heart of gold. New Directions' aspiring stars include RACHEL (Lea Michele), a pitch-perfect singer with an unfaltering determination to be popular; FINN (Cory Monteith), the heartbreakingly cool quarterback who struggles with his personal life; KURT (Chris Colfer), the baby-faced soprano with a fierce eye for fashion; MERCEDES (Amber Riley), a powerhouse vocalist whose diva attitude rivals the greats; ARTIE (Kevin McHale), a physically disabled performer with sweet vocals and a dream to dance; and TINA (Jenna Ushkowitz), a goth chick with a soft side. There's also arrogant and cocky crooner PUCK (Mark Salling); ice-cold queen-bee-turned-teen-mom QUINN (Dianna Agron); and the dynamic dimwitted cheerleading duo of BRITTANY (Heather Morris) and SANTANA (Naya Rivera). With his heart in the right place, Will is determined to help the kids take Nationals, but at every turn he must battle with his nemesis, SUE SYLVESTER (Jane Lynch), the conniving cheerleading coach; and his evil ex-wife, TERRI (Jessalyn Gilsig). Mr. Schuester's only allies at McKinley are OCD-afflicted guidance counselor EMMA PILLSBURY (Mays) and supportive parents like Kurt's dad, BURT HUMMEL (Mike O'Malley).
- The Malachites to Present THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, 19 March - 19 April
- Breaking News: Lin-Manuel Miranda & Karen Olivo to Star in tick, tick...BOOM! for Encores! FAUST and PUMP BOYS Announced
- BOEING BOEING Begins 3/20 at Texas Repertory Theatre
- Photo Flash: First Look - Hampton Theatre Company's THE FOREIGNER, Opening 3/13
- Six Lips Theatre to Present HOUSE OF TRAGIC SHE, 30 May-1 June
- Photo Flash: Jeremy Kushnier & Catherine Cox Visit Cast of Marymount Manhattan College's FOOTLOOSE
- The Barn Players Adds 3/13 Performance of BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON
- The Barn Players to Present Stephen Sondheim's FOLLIES, 4/18-5/4
- Photo Flash: Inside AMERICAN SHOWSTOPPERS: AN EVENING OF JERRY HERMAN with Beth Leavel, Klea Blackhurst, Fred Barton & More
- Rupert Holmes to Headline New York Theatre Barn's Master Class Benefit, 4/13