*DO NOT LIVE * SMASH
Play the Smash Trivia game for a chance to win a pair of tickets to hot, hit shows in NY, LA, SF, CHIC, Boston, DC, and more. Shows include XXX, XXX, XXX, XXX.
Simply enter your guess, and email address for your chance to win one of 5 pairs of tickets we'll be giving away every other day between 1/18-1/29. Winners will be randomly chosen from all correct entries, which are accumulated for the length of the contest, so the more games you play the better your chances of winning!
Have Fun, and Good Luck Playing Smash Trivia!
1. At NYU's Graduate Acting School, Michael Mayer directed and Debra Messing played a leading role in the New York premiere of what Tony Kushner play?
A) Angels in America: Perestroika
B) A Bright Room Called Day
C) Angels in America: Millennium Approaches
2. Jack Davenport received an Olivier Award nomination for his performance in what play?
B) Lady Windermere’s Fan
C) The Servant
3. Anjelica Huston was born into a show business family that included the actor who introduced what classic song on Broadway?
A) September Song
B) It Never Was You
C) My Funny Valentine
4. During her run on American Idol, Katharine McPhee sang the Johnny Mercer/Harold Arlen classic, “Come Rain or Come Shine,” which was introduced on Broadway by which of these ladies?
A) Juanita Hall
B) Ruby Hill
C) Pearl Bailey
5. Smash is about the creation of a musical about Marilyn Monroe, but in 1983 Marilyn, An American Fable, was not exactly a Broadway smash. The second act of that show had an elaborate production number with the men of the chorus saluting Monroe as what?
A) Miss Snowflake
B) Miss Roses
C) Miss Bubbles
6. Garson Kanin’s popular 1980 theatre novel, also titled Smash, is also about a musical based on the life of a legendary performer. Which one?
A) Sophie Tucker
B) Nora Bayes
C) Gertrude Lawrence
7. Finish this Marc Shaiman/Scott Wittman lyric from the 2009 Tony Awards: “This show could not be any gayer…”
A) “…if Harvey was named mayor.”
B) “…if Elton was named mayor.”
C) “…if Liza was named mayor.”
8. Megan Hilty received Outer Critics Circle and Drama Desk nominations for playing which of these characters?
9. Brian d'Arcy James won an Obie Award for his performance in what play?
A) The Lieutenant of Inishmore
B) The Good Thief
C) Time Stands Still
10. Christian Borle played a singing store clerk in a commercial for what company?
11. Michael Mayer won his first Tony Award for directing what musical?
A) American Idiot
B) Thoroughly Modern Millie
C) Spring Awakening
12. Theresa Rebeck made her Broadway debut with Mauritius, a play that concerns a collection of what?
13. Craig Zadan co-produced Sondheim: A Musical Tribute. The cover of the album made from this concert is known for what?
A) The first pressing misspelled his name as “Steven” Sondheim
B) Sondheim’s name is written in Scrabble tiles
C) Sondheim’s name is written as the answer to a crossword puzzle
14. Craig Zadan and Neil Meron are known for placing guest cameos in their film musicals. What role did John Waters play in their film version of Hairspray?
A) The flasher who lives next door
B) The school bus driver
C) The bum on his barroom stool
15. Which of these was co-produced on Broadway by Steven Spielberg?
A) The Color Purple
B) The Farnsworth Invention
C) Catch Me If You Can
16. Who played Jesus in Marc Shaiman’s pro-gay marriage video, Prop 8 – The Musical?
A) Neil Patrick Harris
B) Jack Black
C) John C. Reilly
17. Raza Jaffrey made his West End musical debut in what show?
A) Bombay Dreams
C) Mamma Mia
18. Jaime Cepero’s New York credits include a production of You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown where he sang what song?
B) My Blanket and Me
C) The Kite
19. In Smash, Christian Borle and Debra Messing play a composer/lyricist writing team. The first male/female composer/lyricist writing team to be nominated for a Tony Award for Best Score wrote which of these songs?
A) One Hundred Easy Ways
B) Big Spender
C) Real Live Girl
20. In the fictitious world of Smash, there’s a currently running Broadway musical named Heaven on Earth. But Heaven on Earth was also the name of an actual Broadway musical about…
A) …a cartoonist who falls in love with a character he draws.
B) …a man who lives in a tree house in Central Park.
C) …a man who fakes his own death to avoid getting married.