Opposite You, Mazzie and Daniely's CD, is Available for Pre-Order
The concept of the CD was taken from a hit concert that Mazzie and Daniely premiered as part of the American Songbook Series at Lincoln Center in October 2002, and have since performed in venues around the country. Featuring musical direction by David Loud and produced by PS Classics co-founder Tommy Krasker, the disc will include arrangements by Bill Brohn, Larry Hochman, Christopher Jahnke, and Joseph Thalken. The arrangenents have been revamped and enhanced from the original ones of piano and bass. Opposite You was recorded at Avatar Studios in New York City on May 11th and 12th.
Mazzie played temperamental diva Lilli Vanessi in the 1999 revival of Kiss Me, Kate; she received a Tony nomination for her work. She was also nominated for her performances in Passion and Ragtime, and other Broadway credits include Man of La Mancha, Into the Woods and Big River. At Encores!, she appeared in Out of This World, and her off-Broadway credits include The Vagina Monologues, The Trojan Women: A Love Story and And the World Goes Round. Regional credits include 110 in the Shade and Brigadoon, both opposite Daniely.
Daniely has appeared on Broadway in The Full Monty and the 1997 revival of Candide. Playing the title role, he received a Drama Desk Award nomination and a Theatre World Award. Off-Broadway, he was seen in the original cast of Floyd Collins as well as in The Trojan Women: A Love Story and Dream True. Other credits include the Encores! productions of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Allegro and Strike Up the Band, and the world premiere production of Michael John LaChiusa's The Highest Yellow.
The CD's track listing is as follows:
1. "Honeysuckle Rose" (Thomas "Fats" Waller and Andy Razaf)
2. Harold Arlen Medley (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer and Ted Koehler)--"Come Rain or Come Shine"/"When the Sun Comes Out"/"Stormy Weather"/"That Old Black Magic"
3. "I Want You to Be" (Barbara Schottenfeld)
4. "I Got Lost in His Arms"/"Who Are You Now?" (Irving Berlin, Jule Styne and Bob Merrill)
5. Irving Berlin Medley (Irving Berlin)--"Simple Melody"/"An Old Fashioned Wedding"/"You're Just in Love"
6. "A Sorta Love Song" (Paul Loesel and Scott Burkell)
7. "I Won't Send Roses" (Jerry Herman)
8. "The Aba Daba Honeymoon" (Arthur Fields and Walter Donovan)
9. "Nellie the Nudist Queen" (Stuart Ross and Joe Sargent)
10. "The Natural Order of Things" (Paul Loesel and Scott Burkell)
Stephen Sondheim Medley (Stephen Sondheim)
12. "Good Thing Going"
13. "Too Many Mornings"
14. "Not a Day Goes By"
15. "Move On"
16. "Opposite You" (Stephen Flaherty & Lynn Ahrens)
For more information, visit www.psclassics.com.