MTI Makes LES MISERABLES Available for Licensing for First Time in Full-Length Version
• Productions have played in 43 countries and over 300 cities.
• The production has played over 47,000 professional performances giving a total audience figure of more than 60 million people worldwide.
• Les Misérables has won over 70 major theatre awards including an Olivier, Tony & Grammy.
• There have been over 40 cast recordings of Les Misérables including albums, singles and the symphonic.
• Largest Single Live Audience: 125,000 people at the 1989 Australia Day concert in Sidney
• Largest Broadcast Audience: 400 million viewers in 197 countries during the 1996 European Football Championship starring 250 cast members
• The original production, still running in London has approximately 101 cast and crew directly involved in every performance (not including front of house staff, ticket sales, wardrobe staff, set contractors, maintenance, office staff, advertising and publicity.) Each performance entails 392 costumes consisting of over 5000 items of clothing and 85 wigs.
• Les Misérables gave 6680 performances on Broadway from February 28, 1987 to May 18, 2003. The production grossed $406,258,901.00 with an average ticket price of $46.00
The feature film version of LES MISÉRABLES hits theatres December 25, 2012 and stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Aaron Tveit, Samantha Barks with Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen. It is produced by Cameron Mackintosh with Eric Fellner and Tim Bevan of Working Title and Universal Studios and is directed by Tom Hooper. Check out photos, videos and more here: www.lesmiserablesfilm.com.
In May 2001 the LES MISÉRABLES SCHOOL EDITION was launched in the USA. Since then over 3000 school’s productions by over 150,000 school children in the US, UK and Australia have made it the most successful musical ever-produced in schools.
Music Theatre International (MTI) is one of the world's leading theatrical licensing agencies, granting schools as well as amateur and professional theatres from around the world the rights to perform the largest selection of great musicals from Broadway and beyond. MTI works directly with the composers, lyricists and book writers of these shows to provide official scripts, musical materials and dynamic theatrical resources to over 60,000 theatrical organizations in the US and in over 60 countries worldwide.
MTI is particularly dedicated to the idea of theatre as education and has created special collections for younger performers. The MTI Broadway Junior Collection® includes JR. titles, 60-minute musicals for performance by middle school children; and KIDS titles, 30-minute musicals for performance by elementary school children. MTI School Editions™ are musicals that have been annotated for performance by high school students, and the Theatre For Young Audiences (TYA) Collection are 70-minute musicals designed for adults to perform for children.
MTI ShowSpace.com is the theatre world's online community where practitioners and fans from around the world share advice, photos, videos, sets, props, costumes and more, to help bring their next productions to life.
For more information about MTI and licensing, call (212) 541-4684 or email email@example.com.