IN THE SPOTLIGHT: AFTER MISS JULIE on Broadway
Roundabout Theatre Company's Broadway production of After Miss Julie officially opened on Thursday, October 22nd. After Miss Julie stars Sienna Miller as "Miss Julie", Jonny Lee Miller as "John" and Marin Ireland as "Christine" in the American premiere of playwright Patrick Marber's drama After Miss Julie, a version of Strindberg's Miss Julie, directed by Mark Brokaw.
BroadwayWorld.com's master photographer Walter McBride covered all the "Miss Julie" filled action, in addition to his normal stellar photo coverage he has created a special "In The Spotlight" series of pictures. These portraits of "After Miss Julie" cast and creative team are "in the moment" and taken as the exciting official first night unfolded.
After Miss Julie is playing at the American Airlines Theatre on Broadway (227 West 42nd Street). This is a limited engagement through December 6th, 2009. After Miss Julie transposes August Strindberg's 1888 play about sex and class to an English country house on the eve of Labour's historic landslide in 1945.
Tickets are available by calling Roundabout Ticket Services at (212)719-1300, online at www.roundabouttheatre.org or at the American Airlines Box Office (227 West 42nd Street). Ticket prices range from $66.50 to $111.50. After Miss Julie plays Tuesday through Saturday evening at 8:00 p.m. with Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2:00 p.m.
Roundabout Theatre Company is one of the country's leading not-for-profit theatres. The company contributes invaluably to New York's cultural life by staging the highest quality revivals of classic plays and musicals as well as new plays by established writers. Roundabout consistently partners great artists with great works to bring a fresh and exciting interpretation that makes each production relevant and important to today's audiences.
Roundabout Theatre Company currently produces at three permanent homes each of which is designed specifically to enhance the needs of the Roundabout's mission. Off-Broadway, the Harold and Miriam Steinberg Center for Theatre, which houses the Laura Pels Theatre and Black Box Theatre, with its simple sophisticated design is perfectly suited to showcasing new plays. The grandeur of its Broadway home on 42nd Street, American Airlines Theatre, sets the ideal stage for the classics. Roundabout's Studio 54 provides an exciting and intimate Broadway venue for its musical and special event productions. Together these three distinctive venues serve to enhance the work on each of its stages.
American Airlines is the official airline of Roundabout Theatre Company. Roundabout productions are made possible, in part, with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, the National Endowment for the Arts; and the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. American Express is the 2008-2009 season sponsor of the Roundabout Theatre Company.
Roundabout Theatre Company's 2009-2010 season includes Patrick Marber's After Miss Julie, starring Sienna Miller, directed by Mark Brokaw; Michael Stewart, Lee Adams and Charles Strouse's Bye Bye Birdie, directed and choreographed by Robert Longbottom; Noël Coward's Present Laughter starring Victor Garber, directed by Nicholas Martin.
- Photo Coverage: A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER Cast Has Afternoon Tea at Downton Abbey Food Truck!
- Photo Coverage: KINKY BOOTS' Billy Porter, Stark Sands, Annaleigh Ashford & Jerry Mitchell Unveil Sardi's Portraits!
- FREEZE FRAME: KINKY BOOTS' Billy Porter, Stark Sands, Annaleigh Ashford & Jerry Mitchell Unveil Sardi's Portraits!
- Photo Coverage: Sierra Boggess, Norm Lewis, Zachary Levi & More Tribute Alan Menken at Oscar Hammerstein Awards!
- Photo Coverage: On the Red Carpet at the 2013 Oscar Hammerstein Awards
- Photo Coverage: At the Stage Door for IF/THEN's Final Shows in D.C.
- Photo Coverage: David Henry Hwang, Lynn Nottage & More Launch Cherry Lane Theatre's MENTOR PROJECT 2014
- Photo Flash: Remembering Christopher Evan Welch
- Up on the Marquee: ALADDIN
- Photo Coverage: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation Celebrates 25th Anniversary