God's Love We Deliver to Celebrate First Winter Feast in Brooklyn on Christmas Eve Morning
More than 900 generous volunteers will join God's Love We Deliver staff, celebrities, local politicians, and Board members in preparing and delivering 3,200 meals for people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life altering illnesses in New York City, and nearby Hudson County, New Jersey. We also offer each of our clients a guest meal so that they can invite a friend or family member to spend the holiday with them. These meals are delivered in a cheerful, hand-decorated bag designed by local school children.
Each household will also receive a Blizzard Box, containing items generously donated by Justin's, Whole Foods Market NYC, GoGoSqueez and Volvic water as well as other non-perishable goods, in the unlikely event that God's Love is unable to deliver, due to winter weather or other emergency.
Demand for the services of God's Love is up by more than 60 percent in the last five years. Because of this record growth and need to expand, God's Love has temporarily relocated to our new home in Brooklyn at 630 Flushing Avenue while we renovate and expand our SoHo home. This is the first Winter Feast for God's Love in our temporary Brooklyn location. To learn more about our move to Brooklyn, visit www.glwd.org/brooklyn.
Please follow along and report live using @godslovenyc, #GodsLoveWinterFeast and #foodismedicine.
Celebrities, Notables and Politicians volunteering with God's Love on Christmas Eve morning, 12/24 are:
- Joan Rivers (3:00 p.m.) - Star entertainer and Board member
- List in formation
- The Imperial Court (9:30 a.m.) - A not-for-profit organization that raises funds for LGBT causes
- Sylvia Vogelman (5:45 a.m.) - God's Love Chairman's Council member (working the packout line in Brooklyn)
- Charles Fagan (10:00 a.m.) - (delivering out of the LGBT Center in Manhattan)
- Greg & Katy Williamson (10:00 a.m.) - (delivering out of the LGBT Center in Manhattan)
- Jesse Lawrence (9:30 a.m.) - (delivering out of the LGBT Center in Manhattan)
- Ruben Wills (7:00 a.m.) - Council Member, District 28 (working the packout line and packaging meals in Brooklyn)
- **Joan will deliver out of the LGBT Center in Manhattan**
This year's delicious home-made menu includes:
· New England Corn Chowder
· Cornish Game Hen with Wild Rice Stuffing & Porcini Mushroom Sauce
· Carrots, Bok Choy, Parsnips, Red Peppers & Brussels Sprouts
· Pumpkin Mousse
It all takes place on Tuesday, December 24, 2013, beginning at 7:00 a.m. - Christmas Eve morning - at God's Love We Deliver, 630 Flushing Avenue, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11206. **Please note our new address - God's Love is operating out of our temporary Brooklyn location this holiday season**
God's Love We Deliver is the New York metropolitan area's leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling for people living with severe illnesses. Begun as an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God's Love provides for people living with more than 200 individual diagnoses. God's Love cooks and home delivers the specific, nutritious meals a client's severe illness and treatment so urgently require. Meals are individually tailored for each client by one of our Registered Dietitians, and all clients have access to unlimited nutrition counseling. God's Love supports families by providing meals for the children and senior caregivers of its clients. All of the agency's services are provided free of charge, and in its history of more than 28 years, God's Love We Deliver has never had a waiting list. For more information, visit godslovewedeliver.org. God's Love is a non-sectarian organization. Follow God's Love on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.