PS Classics will release the Original Cast Album for Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill, featuring six-time Tony Award-winner Audra McDonald, on July 15. Click here to listen to a preview of the album!
Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill recounts Holiday's life story through the songs that made her famous. 1959, in a small, intimate bar in Philadelphia, Holiday puts on a show that unbeknownst to the audience, will leave them witnesses to one of the last performances of her lifetime. Through her poignant voice and moving songs, one of the greatest jazz singers of all-time shares her loves and her losses.
On Broadway, Price directed McDonald in 110 in the Shade for the Roundabout Theatre Company. He also directed her in both Sweeney Todd with the New York Philharmonic and Passion as part of Lincoln Center's American Songbook series, the latter of which was telecast on PBS's Live From Lincoln Center.
The track list is as follows
- I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone
- When a Woman Loves a Man
- "I'm even glad to be back in Philly..."
- "I want to introduce my accompanist..."
- What a Little Moonlight Can Do
- "We got this contract..."
- Crazy He Calls Me
- "They used to be hangin' from the rafters..."
- Gimme a Pigfoot (and a Bottle of Beer)
- "That was in the early thirties..."
- Baby Doll
- "I better watch myself here..."
- God Bless the Child
- "That was for my mama..."
- "Nobody but me ever liked Sonny..."
- Foolin' Myself/Somebody's on My Mind
- Easy Living
- "I was singin' with Artie's band..."
- Strange Fruit
- "It's bad again, Jimmy..."
- Blues Break
- "Now I'll take a little break right here..."
- 'Tain't Nobody's Biz-ness If I Do
- "I want you all to meet Pepi..."
- "I was doin' the bad drugs heavy..."
- Don't Explain / What a Little Moonlight Can Do (Reprise)
- Deep Song