FREEZE FRAME: NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT Celebrates 200th Performance
NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT, featuring music and lyrics by George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin and a book by two-time Tony Award-winner Joe DiPietro, stars two-time Tony Award-winner Matthew Broderick and four-time Tony Award nominee Kelli O'Hara. The production is directed and choreographed by three-time Tony Award-winner Kathleen Marshall and is now playing at Broadway's Imperial Theatre (249 West 45th Street). The show just celebrated its 200th performance, and you can check out a photo preview from the celebration below!
This new musical features a veritable hit parade of iconic George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin songs, and some unknown gems in their catalog, including "Someone to Watch Over Me," "I've Got to Be There," "Sweet & Lowdown," "'S Wonderful," "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off," Fascinating Rhythm," "But Not for Me," "Blah, Blah, Blah" and many more. NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT follows Billie Bendix (Kelli O'Hara), a bootlegger who meets wealthy playboy Jimmy Winter (Matthew Broderick) on the weekend of his nuptials. Mayhem ensues.
In addition to Matthew Broderick as Jimmy Winter and Kelli O'Hara as Billie Bendix, the production also stars Academy Award-winner Estelle Parsons as Millicent Winter, two-time Tony Award-winner Judy Kaye as Estonia Dulworth, Tony Award winner Michael McGrath as Cookie McGee, Tony Award nominee Jennifer Laura Thompson as Eileen Evergreen, Chris Sullivan as Duke Mahoney, Robyn Hurder as Jeannie Muldoon, Stanley Wayne Mathis as Chief Berry and Tony Award nominee Terry Beaver as Senator Max Evergreen.
The cast also features Cameron Adams, Clyde Alves, Kaitlyn Davidson, Jason DePinto, Kimberly Faure, Robert Hartwell, Stephanie Martignetti, Barrett Martin, Michael X. Martin, Adam Perry, Jeffrey Schecter, Jennifer Smith, Joey Sorge, Samantha Sturm, Kristen Beth Williams and
Candice Marie Woods.
Photo Credit: Walter McBride
Michael McGrath, Judy Kaye, Kelli O'Hara, Matthew Broderick, Estelle Parsons and the ensemble cast backstage celebrating the 200th Performance of 'Nice Work if You Can Get It' on Broadway at the Imperial Theatre on October 17, 2012 in New York City.
- FREEZE FRAME: KINKY BOOTS' Billy Porter, Stark Sands, Annaleigh Ashford & Jerry Mitchell Unveil Sardi's Portraits!
- Photo Coverage: Sierra Boggess, Norm Lewis, Zachary Levi & More Tribute Alan Menken at Oscar Hammerstein Awards!
- Photo Coverage: On the Red Carpet at the 2013 Oscar Hammerstein Awards
- Photo Coverage: At the Stage Door for IF/THEN's Final Shows in D.C.
- Photo Coverage: David Henry Hwang, Lynn Nottage & More Launch Cherry Lane Theatre's MENTOR PROJECT 2014
- Photo Flash: Remembering Christopher Evan Welch
- Up on the Marquee: ALADDIN
- Photo Coverage: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Photo Coverage: BRONX BOMBERS Cast Films TV Commercial
- Photo Coverage: Debra Messing, Brian F. O'Byrne and Cast of MTC's OUTSIDE MULLINGAR Meet the Press!