FREEZE FRAME: NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT Celebrates 200th Performance
NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT, featuring music and lyrics by George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin and a book by two-time Tony Award-winner Joe DiPietro, stars two-time Tony Award-winner Matthew Broderick and four-time Tony Award nominee Kelli O'Hara. The production is directed and choreographed by three-time Tony Award-winner Kathleen Marshall and is now playing at Broadway's Imperial Theatre (249 West 45th Street). The show just celebrated its 200th performance, and you can check out a photo preview from the celebration below!
This new musical features a veritable hit parade of iconic George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin songs, and some unknown gems in their catalog, including "Someone to Watch Over Me," "I've Got to Be There," "Sweet & Lowdown," "'S Wonderful," "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off," Fascinating Rhythm," "But Not for Me," "Blah, Blah, Blah" and many more. NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT follows Billie Bendix (Kelli O'Hara), a bootlegger who meets wealthy playboy Jimmy Winter (Matthew Broderick) on the weekend of his nuptials. Mayhem ensues.
In addition to Matthew Broderick as Jimmy Winter and Kelli O'Hara as Billie Bendix, the production also stars Academy Award-winner Estelle Parsons as Millicent Winter, two-time Tony Award-winner Judy Kaye as Estonia Dulworth, Tony Award winner Michael McGrath as Cookie McGee, Tony Award nominee Jennifer Laura Thompson as Eileen Evergreen, Chris Sullivan as Duke Mahoney, Robyn Hurder as Jeannie Muldoon, Stanley Wayne Mathis as Chief Berry and Tony Award nominee Terry Beaver as Senator Max Evergreen.
The cast also features Cameron Adams, Clyde Alves, Kaitlyn Davidson, Jason DePinto, Kimberly Faure, Robert Hartwell, Stephanie Martignetti, Barrett Martin, Michael X. Martin, Adam Perry, Jeffrey Schecter, Jennifer Smith, Joey Sorge, Samantha Sturm, Kristen Beth Williams and
Candice Marie Woods.
Photo Credit: Walter McBride
Michael McGrath, Judy Kaye, Kelli O'Hara, Matthew Broderick, Estelle Parsons and the ensemble cast backstage celebrating the 200th Performance of 'Nice Work if You Can Get It' on Broadway at the Imperial Theatre on October 17, 2012 in New York City.
- Photo Coverage: Broadway Welcomes LBJ: Inside ALL THE WAY's Opening Night After Party
- Photo Coverage: Bryan Cranston & the Cast of ALL THE WAY Take Opening Night Broadway Bows!
- FREEZE FRAME: OF MICE AND MEN Company Meets the Press!
- Photo Coverage: Attend the Tale! Inside the NY Philharmonic's SWEENEY TODD with Emma Thompson, Bryn Terfel & More!
- Photo Coverage: SWEENEY TODD Company Celebrates Opening Night at After Party Gala!
- Photo Coverage: On the Red Carpet with Meryl Streep, Neil Patrick Harris & More for SWEENEY TODD!
- Photo Coverage: Inside VIOLET's Sneak Peek Party with Sutton Foster & More!
- Photo Coverage: They Are On Their Way... to Broadway! Inside VIOLET'S Sneak Peek Concert
- Photo Coverage: SATCHMO AT THE WALDORF Celebrates Opening Night
- Photo Coverage: John Douglas Thompson- Led SATCHMO AT THE WALDORF Opens at Westside Theatre