FREEZE FRAME: Meet The Cast of MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL!
MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL will begin preview performances March 11 and open on Broadway on April 14, 2013 at The Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (205 West 46 Street). Directed by Charles Randolph-Wright, MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL will feature a book by Berry Gordy and music and lyrics from the legendary Motown catalogue. The cast and creative team just met the press and you can check out a photo preview below. Check back later for full coverage!
As previously announced, Tony Award nominee Brandon Victor Dixon (The Color Purple) and Valisia LeKae (The Book of Mormon) will star in the leading roles of Berry Gordy and Diana Ross, Bryan Terrell Clark as Marvin Gaye, Raymond Luke Jr. and Jibreel Mawry as Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder, Charl Brown (Jersey Boys) will play Smokey Robinson, leading an ensemble cast of 40 featuring Timothy J. Alex, Michael Arnold, Nicholas Christopher, Rebecca E. Covington, Ariana DeBose, Andrea Dora, Preston W. Dugger III, Wilkie Ferguson, Dionne Figgins, Marva Hicks, Tiffany Janene Howard, Sasha Hutchings, Jawan M. Jackson, Lauren Lim Jackson, Morgan James, John Jellison, Crystal Joy, Jamie LaVerdiere, Grasan Kingsberry, Marielys Molina, Sydney Morton, Maurice Murphy, Jarran Muse, Jesse Nager, Milton Craig Nealy, N'Kenge, Dominic Nolfi, Saycon Sengbloh, Ryan Shaw, Jamal Story, Eric Lajuan Summers, Ephraim Sykes, Julius Thomas III, Daniel J. Watts and Donald Webber, Jr.
MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL is the real story of the one-of-a-kind sound that hit the airwaves in 1959 and changed our culture forever. This exhilarating show charts Motown Founder Berry Gordy's incredible journey from featherweight boxer to the heavyweight music mogul who launched the careers of Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, and so many more.
Photo Credit: Walter McBride
- Photo Coverage: On the Red Carpet with Helen Mirren, Jeremy Irons & More at the Roundabout Spring Gala
- In the Spotlight Series: The Company of ARLINGTON
- Photo Coverage: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd and OF MICE AND MEN Company Meet the Press!
- Photo Coverage: Tony Winner Stew Previews 'NEW STEW REVIEW' at 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Remembering Sheila MacRae
- Photo Coverage: ALL THE WAY's Opening Night Red Carpet with Diane Paulus, Chris O'Dowd, Tracy Letts & More
- Photo Coverage: k.d. lang Performs 'Hallelujah' in AFTER MIDNIGHT
- Photo Coverage: OF MICE AND MEN's James Franco and Chris O'Dowd Stop by 'TimesTalks'
- Photo Coverage: Broadway Welcomes LBJ: Inside ALL THE WAY's Opening Night After Party
- Photo Coverage: Bryan Cranston & the Cast of ALL THE WAY Take Opening Night Broadway Bows!