FREEZE FRAME: In Rehearsal With THE VISIT!
The Actors Fund and the Vineyard Theatre will present a one-night-only benefit concert performance of THE VISIT, starring Broadway stage legends and Tony Award winners Chita Rivera and John Cullum. The cast met the press today, and BroadwayWorld wa sthere for the festivities. Check out a preview of the event below, and check back later for full photo coverage!
Directed by Carl Andress with choreography by Tony Award winner Ann Reinking, musical direction by Jon Kalbfleisch and musical supervision and vocal/dance arrangements by David Loud, the performance will take place on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 7:30 p.m. at Broadway's Ambassador Theatre (219 West 49th Street), the current home of the celebrated revival of Kander & Ebb's worldwide smash Chicago.
THE VISIT is a new musical based on the classic Friedrich Dürrenmatt play (adapted by Maurice Valency) with a book by Tony Award winner Terrence McNally, music by Tony Award winner John Kander and lyrics by Tony Award winner Fred Ebb.
Claire Zachanassian (Rivera) was driven from her hometown in disgrace when she was 17, having been betrayed by her lover Anton Schell (Cullum). Several decades and seven husbands later, Zachanassian has become the richest woman in the world, yet her hometown has fallen on hard times. When Zachanassian returns with an offer to save the town, salvation comes with an outrageous price tag.
THE VISIT features Linda Balgord, D.B. Bonds, Matthew Deming, Alan H. Green, James Harms, Michael Hayward-Jones, Joy Hermalym, Howard Kaye, Doug Kreeger, Mary Ann Lamb, Jerry Lanning, Ryan Lowe, Brianne Moore, Karen Murphy, Brian O'Brien, Kevin Reed, Hal Robinson,Dana Steingold, Rebecca Strimaitis, Jeremy Webb and Tony Award nominee Mark Jacoby as The Mayor.
THE VISIT had its world premiere at Chicago's Goodman Theatre and was subsequently produced at The Signature Theatre in Arlington, VA. This one-night-only concert event of THE VISIT is sponsored by United Airlines, the New York Marriott Marquis and The New York Times.
Tickets for the one-night-only benefit are now on sale and are priced at $500, $250, $150, $100. Tickets are available by calling (212) 221-7300 ext. 133, by emailing email@example.com or by visiting www.actorsfund.org or www.vineyardtheatre.org. All proceeds from THE VISIT will benefit The Actors Fund and the Vineyard Theatre.
Photo Credit: Walter McBride
- Photo Coverage: At the Stage Door for IF/THEN's Final Shows in D.C.
- Photo Coverage: David Henry Hwang, Lynn Nottage & More Launch Cherry Lane Theatre's MENTOR PROJECT 2014
- Photo Flash: Remembering Christopher Evan Welch
- Up on the Marquee: ALADDIN
- Photo Coverage: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Photo Coverage: BRONX BOMBERS Cast Films TV Commercial
- Photo Coverage: Debra Messing, Brian F. O'Byrne and Cast of MTC's OUTSIDE MULLINGAR Meet the Press!
- FREEZE FRAME: BRONX BOMBERS Cast Films TV Commercial
- FREEZE FRAME: Meet the Company of MTC's OUTSIDE MULLINGAR
- In the Spotlight Series: NO MAN'S LAND & WAITING FOR GODOT's Billy Crudup