Diahann Carroll Extends at Feinstein's through March 24
FEINSTEIN'S AT THE REGENCY continues its Spring 2007 season with the return engagement of award-winning entertainerDiahann Carroll.The new show, "Both Sides Now" - featuring songs and stories from her legendary career - has been extended by popular demand another week to March 24. Her engagement last year, which marked the first time Ms. Carroll performed in a New York nightclub in four decades, played to sold-out houses. All performances are at the Regency Hotel (540 Park Avenue at 61st Street).
Carroll has appeared on the Broadway stage, in nightclubs, motion pictures and television. Ms. Carroll is a Tony Award winner, an Emmy and Grammy nominee, a Golden Globe winner and a Best Actress Oscar nominee.
In 1968, Ms. Carroll became the first black actress in television history to star in her own series, "Julia " for NBC, which soared to the top of the Nielsen rating and received an Emmy nomination in its first year on the air. In 1989 she was nominated for an Emmy Award for the successful NBC TV series, "A Different World," as outstanding actress in a comedy series. In 1984 Ms. Carroll became the first black actress to star in the award winning night time series "Dynasty ," which is still in syndication around the world.
She had a recurring role in Showtime' s hit series "Soul Food,"playing the outspoken 'Aunt Ruthie,' for which she was nominated twice for a NAACP Image Award. She guest starred in Lifetime TV's "Strong Medicine" and in NBC's TV show " Whoopi," playing Whoopi Goldberg's mother. In 2004 she starred on stage in the musical Bubbling Brown Sugarreceiving critical acclaim. In 1995 she starred on stage as 'Norma Desmond' in the Toronto premiere of Andrew Lloyd Webber's hit musical Sunset Boulevard, staged by director Trevor Nunn and the show's entire original creative team. Sheplayed to sell-out crowds and her Canadian cast recording outsold all other recordings of the show.
- The Malachites to Present THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, 19 March - 19 April
- Breaking News: Lin-Manuel Miranda & Karen Olivo to Star in tick, tick...BOOM! for Encores! FAUST and PUMP BOYS Announced
- BOEING BOEING Begins 3/20 at Texas Repertory Theatre
- Photo Flash: First Look - Hampton Theatre Company's THE FOREIGNER, Opening 3/13
- Six Lips Theatre to Present HOUSE OF TRAGIC SHE, 30 May-1 June
- Photo Flash: Jeremy Kushnier & Catherine Cox Visit Cast of Marymount Manhattan College's FOOTLOOSE
- The Barn Players Adds 3/13 Performance of BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON
- The Barn Players to Present Stephen Sondheim's FOLLIES, 4/18-5/4
- Photo Flash: Inside AMERICAN SHOWSTOPPERS: AN EVENING OF JERRY HERMAN with Beth Leavel, Klea Blackhurst, Fred Barton & More
- Rupert Holmes to Headline New York Theatre Barn's Master Class Benefit, 4/13