Complete Photo Coverage: Linda Eder Brings A NEW LIFE to The Town Hall
Linda Eder kicked off The Town Hall's (123 West 43rd Street) Eighth Annual Broadway Cabaret Festival on Saturday, October 13th, with her new show A New Life. In this special evening, Miss Eder reunited with her Jekyll and Hyde co-stars Robert Cuccioli and Christiane Noll. Taking place over a three consecutive weeks in October, The Broadway Cabaret Festival, will also include Broadway Originals! on Sunday, October 21st at 3pm and The Best of Broadway By The Year on Friday, October 26th at 8PM. The Broadway Cavaret Festival is written and hosted by Scott Siegel for The Town Hall.
BroadwayWorld brings you coverage from Eder's concert below!
Tickets for all three performances are $55, $50, and $45. Tickets are available now through TicketMaster, (800) 982-2787 www.ticketmaster.com, or at The Town Hall Box Office (123 West 43d Street) between noon and 6pm (except Sundays) at 212-840-2824 beginning September 4th.
Her performance began with a tribute to the "songbirds" who have greatly influenced her and continues with songs from some of her favorite contemporary artists. In A New Life, Linda also paid homage to artists who have greatly influenced her and will sing some of her favorite songs.
The Town Hall, a National Historic landmark located in the heart of New York City's theatre district, is a non-profit organization serving the community since 1921. It was built by a group of suffragettes and began as a lecture hall and public forum for debates where "America's Town Meetings on The Air" was broadcast live for 25 years. Over the decades, cultural icons including Billie Holiday, Bob Dylan, MiLes Davis, and most recently, the Dalai Lama and President Obama, have graced the stage. Today the Hall boasts the hottest acts in rock, pop, folk, cabaret, world music, comedy and dance. In its annual show, Broadway Rising Stars, The Town Hall gives recent graduates from the nation's leading performing arts schools a chance to showcase their talents and perform on the legendary stage. The Town Hall Educational Outreach Program helps schools build their arts programs and advance student learning through standards-based, collaborative arts residencies. Over the past two-and-a-half decades, The Town Hall has produced the Feature Film Seminar Series and a number of new and critically acclaimed musical series, which include the Spring Series, Broadway By The Year®, The Broadway Cabaret Festival and The Summer Broadway Festival.
For more information, visit www.the-townhall-nyc.org.Photo Credit: Walter McBride
Program Set list
- In the Spotlight Series: The Company of ARLINGTON
- Photo Coverage: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd and OF MICE AND MEN Company Meet the Press!
- Photo Coverage: Tony Winner Stew Previews 'NEW STEW REVIEW' at 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Remembering Sheila MacRae
- Photo Coverage: ALL THE WAY's Opening Night Red Carpet with Diane Paulus, Chris O'Dowd, Tracy Letts & More
- Photo Coverage: k.d. lang Performs 'Hallelujah' in AFTER MIDNIGHT
- Photo Coverage: OF MICE AND MEN's James Franco and Chris O'Dowd Stop by 'TimesTalks'
- Photo Coverage: Broadway Welcomes LBJ: Inside ALL THE WAY's Opening Night After Party
- Photo Coverage: Bryan Cranston & the Cast of ALL THE WAY Take Opening Night Broadway Bows!
- FREEZE FRAME: OF MICE AND MEN Company Meets the Press!