Breaking News: Tovah Feldshuh to Sub for Andrea Martin in PIPPIN
The producers of the Tony Award winning new Broadway production of PIPPIN have announced that four-time Tony Award nominee Tovah Feldshuh (Irena's Vow, Golda's Balcony) will play the role of "Berthe" on Friday, August 9 through Sunday, August 11 and Tuesday, August 20 through Sunday, August 25 while two-time Tony Award winner Andrea Martin is on vacation. Ms. Martin returns to the role full-time on Tuesday, August 27. PIPPIN is now playing at the Music Box Theatre (239 West 45th Street).
Roger O. Hirson and Stephen Schwartz's Pippin is directed by Tony Award winner Diane Paulus and features choreography by Tony Award nominee Chet Walker in the style of Bob Fosse and circus creation by Gypsy Snider of the Montreal-based circus company Les 7 doigts de la main (also known as 7 Fingers).
The cast features Matthew James Thomas as Pippin, Tony Award winner Patina Miller as Leading Player, Tony Award nominee Terrence Mann as Charles, Tony Award nominee Charlotte d'Amboise as Fastrada, Rachel Bay Jones as Catherine and two-time Tony Award winner Andrea Martin as Berthe. Other members of the company include Erik Altemus, Gregory Arsenal, Andrew Cekala, Lolita Costet, Colin Cunliffe, Andrew Fitch, Orion Griffiths, Viktoria Grimmy, Sabrina Harper, Olga Karmansky, Bethany Moore, Brad Musgrove, Stephanie Pope, Philip Rosenberg, Yannick Thomas, Molly Tynes, Anthony Wayne, Ashton Woerz.
Matthew James Thomas is appearing with the permission of Actors' Equity Association pursuant to an exchange program between American Equity and UK Equity. The producers gratefully acknowledge Actors' Equity Association for its assistance on this production.
PIPPIN is the recipient of the 2013 Tony Awards for Best Revival of a Musical, Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical (Patina Miller), Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical (Andrea Martin) and Best Direction of a Musical (Diane Paulus). The production also led the winners of the Outer Critics Circle Awards with 7 wins including Outstanding Revival of a Musical, Outstanding Director of a Musical (Diane Paulus), Outstanding Choreographer (Chet Walker), Outstanding Lighting Design (Kenneth Posner), Outstanding Actress in a Musical (Patina Miller), Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical (Terrence Mann), Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical (Andrea Martin). Pippin received the Drama League Award for Outstanding Revival of a Musical and two Fred and Adele Astaire Awards including Outstanding Choreographer of a Broadway Show (Chet Walker) and Outstanding Female Dancer in a Broadway Show (Charlotte d'Amboise).
- The Abbey Theatre Returns to Roscommon Arts Centre With QUIETLY, March 18-19
- Steve Ross and Klea Blackhurst, NOW THIS, The Puppeteers and More Set for Birdland, 3/17-23
- Lisa Kron and Jayne Houdyshell Set for IN THE WAKE Reading, Discussion at Barnes & Noble, 3/24
- Urban Stages' CHARACTER MAN to Host Wednesday Post-Show Talks, Beg. 3/12
- Nicholas Saverine, Sean Thompson and More to Join Ann Crumb in Media Theatre's SUNSET BOULEVARD; Cast Announced!
- Erica Lustig to Bring THIS IS 30 to 54 Below, 3/11
- 28th Annual Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literacy Festival to Feature HOTEL PLAYS, GREEN EYES & More, 3/19-23
- Mariana Carreno-King, Nancy Kim, Germaine Netzband, and Azure D. Osborne-Lee Set for Rising Circle's Winter 2014 INKtank
- Photo Flash: First Look at Shayne Kennon, Will Blum, Leigh Ann Larkin & More in Barry Manilow's HARMONY at CTG/Ahmanson Theatre
- Cast of Broadway's LES MISERABLES to Perform on ABC's GOOD MORNING AMERICA, 3/13