Bill Cosby , Chita Rivera & Mark Nadler Lead 'Laugh, Sing, Dance!' Benefit
The picture of Bill Cosby in the middle of the crowded and hectic Town Hall lobby, giving advise to a young ART START youth says it all!
ART START is an organization dedicated to providing creative arts to help transform New York's at-risk kids. There have been many important evenings in Town Hall's long history, but last night's will undoubtedly be remembered as one of the most meaningful and entertaining events every held at the institution. National Treasures Bill Cosby and Chita Rivera joined internationally acclaimed virtuoso Mark Nadler for an evening of music and comedy to benefit ART START, which has been providing visual and performing arts programs for some of New York City's most at-risk-youth since 1991.
Mark Nadler (again the pictures tell the story) is Victor Borge on steroids. He has considerable virtuosity on the keyboard and was hilarious. His physical capabilities would make him a welcomed artist for Circ de Soleil. His unique and often touching vocal interpretations brought new life to the American Songbook. Watching Chita Rivera and Bill Cosby entertain made you again understand why they are National Treasures. They are ageless. One Hundred percent of the ticket sales went to the benefit of ART START and Mark, who was also celebrating his 50th birthday announced at the after party that it was going to be a record breaking number.
Laugh, Sing, Dance! was presented by Karen Lotman & Michael Alden, Princeton Entertainment Mann Center Productions. Jana Lynn was production Stage Manager.
Photo Credit: Stephen Sorokoff
Bill Cosby & Art Start Kids
Chita Rivera & Art Start Kids
Karen Lotman & Michael Alden
Art Start Trustee Gregg Fisher & Mark Nadler
- Photo Coverage: Ann Hampton Callaway and Liz Callaway Return to 54 Below with SIBLING REVELRY
- Photo Coverage: Lucie Arnaz Brings SPRING IS HERE to Cafe Carlyle
- Photo Coverage: Len Cariou, Penny Fuller, Lee Roy Reams & More Take Part in 54 SINGS APPLAUSE
- Photo Coverage: Carolee Carmello, Telly Leung & More Sing at BROADWAY SHOWSTOPPERS at 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Haley Swindal Brings PLAY TO WIN to 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Le Cirque Cafe's MUSICAL MONDAYS Features Diane Marino Quartet
- Photo Coverage: Sally Wilfert Returns to 54 Below!
- Photo Coverage: Take a Look at 92Y Lyrics & Lyricists' Rodgers and Hammerstein Celebration, Including Groff, Gonzalez & More
- Photo Coverage: The New York Pops LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION: A NIGHT IN HOLLYWOOD Rehearsal Photos