Bill Cosby , Chita Rivera & Mark Nadler Lead 'Laugh, Sing, Dance!' Benefit
The picture of Bill Cosby in the middle of the crowded and hectic Town Hall lobby, giving advise to a young ART START youth says it all!
ART START is an organization dedicated to providing creative arts to help transform New York's at-risk kids. There have been many important evenings in Town Hall's long history, but last night's will undoubtedly be remembered as one of the most meaningful and entertaining events every held at the institution. National Treasures Bill Cosby and Chita Rivera joined internationally acclaimed virtuoso Mark Nadler for an evening of music and comedy to benefit ART START, which has been providing visual and performing arts programs for some of New York City's most at-risk-youth since 1991.
Mark Nadler (again the pictures tell the story) is Victor Borge on steroids. He has considerable virtuosity on the keyboard and was hilarious. His physical capabilities would make him a welcomed artist for Circ de Soleil. His unique and often touching vocal interpretations brought new life to the American Songbook. Watching Chita Rivera and Bill Cosby entertain made you again understand why they are National Treasures. They are ageless. One Hundred percent of the ticket sales went to the benefit of ART START and Mark, who was also celebrating his 50th birthday announced at the after party that it was going to be a record breaking number.
Laugh, Sing, Dance! was presented by Karen Lotman & Michael Alden, Princeton Entertainment Mann Center Productions. Jana Lynn was production Stage Manager.
Photo Credit: Stephen Sorokoff
Bill Cosby & Art Start Kids
Chita Rivera & Art Start Kids
Karen Lotman & Michael Alden
Art Start Trustee Gregg Fisher & Mark Nadler
- Photo Coverage: Jimmy Webb Plays The Iridium
- Photo Coverage: Shirley Jones Makes Cafe Carlyle Debut!
- Photo Coverage: Matt Baker and Marissa Mulder Featured in Le Cirque's Musical Mondays
- Photo Coverage: Barbara Carroll Duo Play Birdland
- Photo Coverage: MAUDE MAGGART Plays CAFE CARLYLE
- Photo Coverage: Amanda McBroom Plays the Colony Hotel in Palm Beach
- Photo Coverage: Friars Club Honors Nicole Henry
- Photo Coverage: THE TRIBUTE ARTIST Cast Celebrates Opening Night
- Photo Coverage: Inside Opening Night of Primary Stages' THE TRIBUTE ARTIST
- Photo Coverage: Will & Anthony Nunziata Return to 54 Below