Andrea Martin Returns to PIPPIN Tonight!
For much of the month of August, Tovah Feldshuh (Irena's Vow, Golda's Balcony) has played the role of "Berthe", filling in while two-time Tony Award winner Andrea Martin was on vacation. Martin returns to the role full-time tonight, August 27. PIPPIN is now playing at the Music Box Theatre (239 West 45th Street).
Roger O. Hirson and Stephen Schwartz's Pippin is directed by Tony Award winner Diane Paulus and features choreography by Tony Award nominee Chet Walker in the style of Bob Fosse and circus creation by Gypsy Snider of the Montreal-based circus company Les 7 doigts de la main (also known as 7 Fingers).
The cast features Matthew James Thomas as Pippin, Tony Award winner Patina Miller as Leading Player, Tony Award nominee Terrence Mann as Charles, Tony Award nominee Charlotte d'Amboise as Fastrada, Rachel Bay Jones as Catherine and two-time Tony Award winner Andrea Martin as Berthe. Other members of the company include Erik Altemus, Gregory Arsenal, Andrew Cekala, Lolita Costet, Colin Cunliffe, Andrew Fitch, Orion Griffiths, Viktoria Grimmy, Sabrina Harper, Olga Karmansky, Bethany Moore, Brad Musgrove, Stephanie Pope, Philip Rosenberg, YanNick Thomas, Molly Tynes, Anthony Wayne, Ashton Woerz.
Matthew James Thomas is appearing with the permission of Actors' Equity Association pursuant to an exchange program between American Equity and UK Equity. The producers gratefully acknowledge Actors' Equity Association for its assistance on this production.
PIPPIN is the recipient of the 2013 Tony Awards for Best Revival of a Musical, Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical (Patina Miller), Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical (Andrea Martin) and Best Direction of a Musical (Diane Paulus). The production also led the winners of the Outer Critics Circle Awards with 7 wins including Outstanding Revival of a Musical, Outstanding Director of a Musical (Diane Paulus), Outstanding Choreographer (Chet Walker), Outstanding Lighting Design (Kenneth Posner), Outstanding Actress in a Musical (Patina Miller), Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical (Terrence Mann), Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical (Andrea Martin). Pippin received the Drama League Award for Outstanding Revival of a Musical and two Fred and Adele Astaire Awards including Outstanding Choreographer of a Broadway Show (Chet Walker) and Outstanding Female Dancer in a Broadway Show (Charlotte d'Amboise).
- Ian McKellen Responds to Damian Lewis' Remark on 'Fruity' Older Actors
- GUYS AND DOLLS, Munich Philharmonic, Michael Feinstein and More Set for Carnegie Hall, April 2014
- FOUR DIVAS DO DECEMBER Set for Martinis Above Fourth Table + Stage, 12/16
- Incubator Arts Project to Kick Off 5th Annual OTHER FORCES Festival, 1/9
- Christina Stroup to Star in INTO THE WOODS at Main Street Theater, 1/16-2/16
- Roundabout's BAD JEWS Begins Final Three Weeks; Closes 12/29
- Main Street Theater to Present THE GIVER, 1/22-2/15
- FIESTERAS, desde el 3 de enero, todos los viernes, en The Cavern, Paseo La Plaza
- History Theatre Adds 12/22 CHRISTMAS OF SWING Performance
- SubCulture: Arts Underground to Host Holiday Concert Series, 12/17-22