2007 Lucille Lortel Nominations Announced; 'Spring' Leads
The League of Off-Broadway Theatres and Producers today announced the nominations for the 22nd Annual Lucille Lortel Awards for Outstanding Achievement Off-Broadway, which will be presented on Monday, May 7th at New World Stages (340 West 50th Street) at 6:30 PM.
A limited number of tickets, for the ceremony only, will go on sale to the public through the New World Stages Box Office and Telecharge.com (212-239-6200), beginning April 3rd.
A cocktail reception to congratulate all of the nominees will be held on April 23rd at Ruth's Chris Steak House (148 West 51st Street).
Five special awards will also be presented:
Lifetime Achievement Award
Playwrights' Sidewalk Inductee
Edith Oliver Award for Sustained Excellence
Outstanding Body of Work
Classical Theatre of Harlem
Actors' Fund of America
The 2007 Lucille Lortel Awards nominating/voting committee is appointed by the League of Off-Broadway Theatres & Producers, the Lucille Lortel Foundation, Actors' Equity Association, Society of Stage Directors & Choreographers, and also includes journalists, educators, and other Off-Broadway theatre professionals.
Awarded since 1986, the Lucille Lortel Awards are produced by the League by special arrangement with the Lucille Lortel Foundation. Additional support is provided by Theatre Development Fund.
Support also provided by Stage Entertainment, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Ketel One Vodka, Pepper Bridge Winery, Time Out New York, HX Magazine & The New York Blade, and Telecharge.com.
A complete list of 2007 nominees follows.
The Busy World Is Hushed
Written by Keith Bunin
Produced by Playwrights Horizons
Written by Christopher Shinn
Produced by Lincoln Center Theater
Written by A.R. Gurney
Produced by Primary Stages
Written by David Hare
Produced by The Public Theater
Gutenberg! The Musical!
Written by Scott Brown and Anthony King
Produced by Trevor Brown, Ron Kastner, Terry Allen Kramer, Joseph Smith, in association with Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre
In the Heights
Book by Quiara Alegría Hudes, Music and Lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda
Produced by Kevin McCollum, Jeffrey Seller, and Jill Furman
Book and Lyrics by Steven Sater, Music by Duncan Sheik
Produced by Atlantic Theater Company, in association with Tom Hulce and Ira Pittelman
Book, Music and Lyrics by Brendan Milburn, Rachel Sheinkin, and Valerie Vigoda
Produced by Nancy Nagel Gibbs and Greg Schaffert, in association with Mark Johannes and Amy Danis
- Hendersonville Performing Arts Company Presents I HATE HAMLET, 4/11-27
- RIGOLETTO, EVGENY ONEGIN, & More Make Up Opera Idaho's 2014-15 Season
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Announces 2015 Season
- Long Island Children's Museum To Feature Autism-Friendly Performance of AESOP'S FABLES, 3/28
- Center Theatre Group Announces Winners of 2014 August Wilson Monologue Competition
- Photo Flash: LES MISERABLES's Ramin Karimloo and Will Swenson Pose for Vanity Fair
- Prescott Center for the Arts Presents ENCHANTED APRIL, 4/17-26
- Cyrano's Theatre Company Presents ALL THE GREAT BOOKS, 3/28-5/20
- Maltz Jupiter Theatre Presents THE KING AND I, 3/18-4/6
- San Francisco Playhouse Presents World Premiere of BAUER, 3/18-4/19